It’s time to up your game. We all know the importance to ace your full splits to be a well-rounded dancer. It not only looks good, but it also prevents injury and exhaustion! But how do you go about accomplishing this?
Don’t worry! This blog will help you ace your full splits and give you a few tips to keep in mind!
Table of Contents
So let us start with your journey to ace your full splits!
- You can stretch your legs by sitting in a low lunge position, and then move your leg back. This way you will also be stretching the other leg.
- From here, try sliding your back leg back behind you. Use your hands or blocks as buffers to help lower your body down towards the floor. Go as far as you are comfortable in this position.
Are you confused if Zumba is better than Aerobics? Read this blog to get more details!
- To do the splits, you have to try and reach the floor. If you can’t yet, make sure your core is still engaged. Your chest should go up, your shoulders should be over your hips, and your eyes should look straight ahead. This will help make sure that you don’t collapse forward while doing the splits.
But wait, what are the benefits of doing full splits?
- Full-splits strengthen your thighs: This pose helps you strengthen and tone your thighs. The more you do the splits, the stronger they become. You can say hello to toned and ballerina-type thighs!
- You can open your hip-flexors: Generally, most people have tight hip flexors. This is because they are sitting in chairs all day, walking and running. It is also hard to find time to stretch them out while doing other things. One way to help this is by practicing the full split pose. It will increase your range of motion even more than any other hip flexor opening pose I know of if done regularly.
- Develops perseverance: When doing full splits, you will see that it takes a lot of strength. You have to keep trying. When you do the full splits, you will need lots of strength and perseverance. This is because it is hard to do.
Well, you have asked a lot of questions about “How to ace your Full splits”.
Here are a few questions we got a hold on!
Can anyone learn to do a full split?
Answer: Yes, anyone can learn how to do a full split. You can learn this at any age! However, we do recommend you take regular yoga or Pilates classes. This will help you be flexible and allow you to stretch every day.
What are the three types of full splits?
Answer: There are three basic types of splits: left leg forward, right leg forward, and side or straddle splits.
Are full splits painful?
Answer: Doing the splits is not easy. It should feel uncomfortable, but not painful. You should not bounce when you stretch and do it slowly. Stop if you have sharp pains in your body before doing a split again tomorrow or else it will be hard to do it again without warming up first.
Read more on the full splits guide!
Can I learn to do full splits in 30 days?
Answer: It will probably take a couple of months to get to where you want to be. But in 30 days, you will see some progress.
I am a beginner, what full split can I do?
What will happen if I force myself to do full splits?
Answer: It hurts to force your body to do things when it’s been inactive for a long time. Athletes can hurt themselves if they try to do hard things. They might even get hurt in their muscles, hamstrings, and joints.
Well, I hope this blog has gotten you some clarity on how to ace your full splits. Do let us know if you have any questions or want to know more about full splits!