Easiest Exercises for Postpartum Weight Loss: The Best Workouts New Mothers Can Follow
The last thing you want to do as a new mother is to worry about your weight. But, unfortunately, the reality of postpartum life includes weight gain and shedding pounds. It is hard to lose weight when you have a baby or toddler. You have to take care of them and do things with them.
However, let us not lose hope!
Here are some things to keep in mind while you are on your postpartum weight loss journey!
Don't run towards a diet:
- Start your day with a healthy breakfast smoothie. Load your smoothie with fresh fruits and nuts.
- Snack more often: To keep from getting hungry, eat three meals and two or three snacks a day. Try munching on carrots and guacamole.
- Drink plenty of fluids: When you breastfeed, it’s crucial to drink water. Water helps you stay hydrated during and after your workouts. Keep a water bottle handy all day and drink from it often!
Here are some weight loss exercises that work wonders for postpartum women!
- Walking: is a fast exercise that you can do every day. It’s the best way to warm up your body and get it ready for more intense exercises. Begin by walking and move to brisk walking over a few days. Try to walk for 15 minutes at least 5 times per week, and increase the walking time. You can take your baby in a stroller too!
- Pelvic exercises: To do a pelvic exercise, start on hands and knees with your palms touching the floor. Your back should be relaxed. When you inhale, pull up your buttocks. Tilt your pelvis and turn your pubic bone up. Hold for three seconds before going back to the original position. Make sure that you don’t pull in any stomach muscles while doing this exercise or it will hurt them.
Watch a video on pelvic exercises for postpartum weight loss right here!
- Chair squats: Stand with your feet hip-width apart in front of a chair. Bend your knees and put them on the seat of the chair. Then stand back up, kicking your legs back and putting your hands on your hips.
- Seated leg press: Sit on the floor with your back straight and your legs extended. Bend one knee and loop a resistance band around that shoe, holding an end of the band in each hand. Extend your bent knee (the other foot is still on the floor). When it is fully extended, hold a moment before you bend to return to the start.
- Flutter kicks: Lie on your back. Put your hands behind you and lift your feet above the ground. Make quick, gentle movements as if you are swimming on your back. This will help make sure that all the fat in your legs is gone.
Before you start with these exercises, take some precautions:
- Always talk to your doctor before starting an exercise routine. You need to rest for about 6 weeks after having a baby. But if you have had a c-section, then you may need to rest longer. Even if not, always talk with your doctor before starting any routines.
- Keep your body hydrated. Drink water when you’re thirsty and also after exercise. It doesn’t matter if you are breastfeeding or not, it’s good for you either way.
Also read The benefits of dancing to build your immunity.
- Do not push yourself too hard when you are trying to get your body back. Some women may feel like they need to do a hard diet or exercise. This might be bad for your body if you have not healed yet. Start with something easy and if it is too hard, stop right away.
- Rest. It is important to take enough time to relax your muscles after you give birth.
To conclude the easiest exercises for postpartum weight loss :
Getting back in shape after giving birth is not easy, but it does not have to be as difficult as you think. Working out is good for you and your baby. You can do simple exercises like going for walks. We hope this blog helped you get back into working out!