The unwritten rules of planning your wedding dance performance:
Every wedding is a once-in-a-lifetime event. When it comes to the moment of your big day, you want everything to be perfect. This includes the wedding dance performances, which are often the first thing people remember about weddings they attend besides the menu!
Planning a wedding dance performance is not as easy as it seems. There are many things to keep in mind while planning the choreography and music for your special day.
Wedding dance performances are important for an Indian family wedding. The wedding dance performances can be anything from an Indian classical dance by one of your family members to a choreographed Bollywood number where all your family members came together to dance.
Preparing your wedding dance performance or Sangeet performance can be a lot of fun even though it’s a tedious job to get done along with the other requirements. We have curated a list of amazing tips you should keep in mind while planning your wedding dance performance.
Up your wedding dance performance with these simple tips:
Make a list of the people performing
- You should make a list of relatives who would be a part of your wedding dance performance. Make sure they are comfortable with the songs you pick.
- Next, decide who should be paired with whom and who is capable to fly solo.
The type of choreography you choose
Keep in mind the type of choreography should be easy and not too complicated. Wedding dance performances should be chosen based on the personalities of the bride and groom, as well as their guests. It is important to find a balance in your choices that are both appealing and appropriate for everyone involved.
Couple wedding dance performance is a must
You must have a special couple wedding dance performance. This is the one performance everyone in the audience has been waiting for. Don’t skip this performance. This is one of the most beautiful and important dance performances of the evening.
Song choices are important
- It is also important that your wedding dance performance has variety in terms of songs. Audiences tend to lose interest if you only have one type of song and choreography throughout the entire performance. Keep in mind to perform on a majority of upbeat songs and keep slow songs for the parents to perform on. Need a little help? Read How to find wedding dance songs, it’ll give you the questions you need to ask yourself while selecting the perfect song.
- Have the sequence of songs decided and informed to the deejay and performers.
The minute details of your wedding dance performance
- The stage should also be spacious enough so that all the performers can easily move around without knocking on each other.
- Your wedding dance performances should be long enough to give the audience a good time, but they shouldn’t drag on for too long. Remember, it’s just a performance, don’t make it a dance battle between the groom and bride’s side. Want a few steps to add to your performance? Click here, simply follow and learn!
- Wedding dance performances need to have good lighting – it becomes difficult for people to see when it is dark or gloomy outside.
The budget and need for a choreographer
- Set a budget for your choreographer – this should be done well in advance of the wedding so you can find a choreographer that is affordable for your budget. It is not necessary to hire a choreographer for your wedding dance performances, you can take up a relative who is willing to help you out.
- Wedding dance performances are a time for everyone to put their differences aside and bond together as one.